What is STEM?
A programme to increase your daughter’s choice and chances through Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Why do it?
To ensure young women, regardless of background, are encouraged to……
- Understand that Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics are all around us
- Recognise the career opportunities to which the STEM subjects can lead
- Be at the forefront of change in the world around us
What do we do at Sydenham?
Sydenham is one of the leading local schools when it comes to STEM. We have…..
- Two weekly STEM Clubs for students in years 7-9
- A programme for students to train as young STEM Ambassadors and then to work to promote STEM in the school and the local community.
- STEM Days – specific deep learning days assigned to STEM projects for years 7-9, with students in year 9 being able to achieve a bronze CREST award.
- Regular talks from outside speakers
- Enrichment activities for all year groups
- Built close ties with local primary schools through the delivery of STEM projects
Who is leading on this development?
At Sydenham, the members of staff who work on our STEM projects and ideas are:
If you have any ideas for future projects or would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact them!