Parent Teacher Association
WHO WE ARE
Sydenham School PTA was established in 2013. We are run by parent volunteers and work closely with school staff to raise funds and support events for the school and school community. The PTA is jointly chaired and supported by a number of committee posts including: finance, communications, graphic design and membership.
WHAT WE DO
The money raised by the PTA, through events and other activities, helps buy equipment and resources, funds extra-curricular opportunities, and supports participation for all students.
Last year we organised a Welcome Picnic for Year 7 students and families, a celebration of International Women’s Day, a Quiz & Curry Night for parents, teachers and governors, and SydFest, an inter-school bands competition. We also provided the refreshments for many school concerts and shows.
The PTA meets once a term in the school library, where we plan the fundraising events for the year and discuss the activities and tasks that volunteers might be needed for.
Meetings are open to all parents and carers and are a great way to meet others, share ideas and help to raise funds for the school.
Why get involved
Most parents and carers volunteer their time because they want to make a difference for their child and other pupils at the school by:
• fundraising for items that the school could not otherwise afford
• supporting the extended services agenda
• supporting school events
• helping to provide a richer education.
It is also fun, enjoyable and rewarding. Being an active PTA volunteer can be an opportunity to learn new and valuable skills, make friends, feel part of the community and enjoy making a difference.
How to get involved
Come along to our next PTA meeting, sign up to our mailing list (see link below), drop us a line at:
email@example.com or pop over and say hello at one of our events — we’d love to meet you!
Join the mailing list: Click here
- Wednesday 2 October: PTA meeting, school library, 6-8pm, all welcome.
- Thursday 17 October: Black History Month celebration, school hall, 6.30pm.
- Thursday 23 January: PTA meeting, school library, 6-8pm, all welcome.
- Thursday 5 March: International Women’s Day event, school hall, 6.30pm.
- Wednesday 25 March: PTA meeting, school library, 6-8pm, all welcome.
SydFest Thursday 30 April 2020
- 12 May 2020: Quiz Night